Articles and information:
- How to become a professional 3d modeler - an article I wrote in April 2014
- My 3d environment, "St. Petersburg" along with some of my comments featured in 3dArtist magazine in June 2014 (issue #69, page 17)
- My 3d model, "Sassafras Sam" featured in UK magazine Ceiga in January 2012 (issue #8, page 63)
- EJL_PowerPack.zip, a collection of some of my favorite modeling tools for Maya.
- How to build perfect ropes in Maya (thanks to Cristian Dumitriu)
- Intro to Maya and 3D Modeling is a series of videos (five hours total) that covers the basics of using Maya and some of the fundamental principals of 3d modeling. I created these videos in the spring of 2013 with the intention of using them in an online course that I was putting together under my own brand. Unfortunately life got in the way and I ended up being much too busy to follow through. I discovered the videos on my laptop recently (after almost completely forgetting about them) and figured they might be helpful to some aspiring 3d artists. Please forgive any false starts and/or lack of editing, they're pretty raw. The first video in the series is embedded below, to view the full playlist use the link at the start of this paragraph.